OUR KARMA HOUSE CHARITY PROJECTS ARE HERE TO RAISE FUNDS, SUPPORT & AWARENESS FOR THE UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN, FAMILIES & COMMUNITIES IN BALI & INDONESIA.
2 SCHOOL UPGRADES
In 2018 the Karma House Family partnered up with Bali Children’s Project to provide support for two schools here in Bali. We hooked up their libraries with fresh new paint, school supplies, new books and furniture. Our intention through this collaboration is to give the kids a more inspiring place to read, learn and grow.
SCHOOL LIBRARY IN KINTAMANI
In Kintamani, the north of Bali, we came together as the Karma House Family repainted their school library in a fun ocean theme, supplied new books and furniture and surprised the locals with how weird but fun we are!
For our first KarmaLab Project we took the opportunity and connected with Bali Children’s Project and were given the opportunity to paint this school and contribute to the community.
2 SPONSORSHIPS. WE BRING KIDS THROUGH SCHOOL
Ji (15y old)
Karma House meets Instagram. Yo Influencers, we can use our reach to do some pretty epic things, pretty easily. This right here felt a lot more real than a couple hundred likes. All it took was a week or so, and a few Instagram stories to raise $2000. Enough to pay Putu’s tuition for the rest of high school. People want to give and love a worthy cause, so leverage your reach!
Thank you to @denisepayneyoga for the lessons of Karma Yoga and the opportunity. This was her staff’s daughter and she asked me if there was something we could do before she left to move back to the states.
We got you Ji.
LOMBOK RELIEF / GRAND OPENING
The power of connection through giving meets dope community party. An inspiring and authentic match for the Karma House ethos. The funds from our opening party went directly to help families who have lost everything in the Lombok quakes via our boys @slamjambros on the ground in N, Lombok, in collaboration with @agung_siaga. Our aim is to always support those providing the most direct and meaningful impact. Huge respect to the 3 brothers/local heroes; Trev, Kyle & Dustin for showing up and putting their lives and egos aside to give back so selflessly. Respect.
GRAND OPENING FUNDRAISER (3388 USD):
Big Love to everyone who came out to our Grand Opening! With support from the community we raised 47.5 million Rupiah while throwing a banger of a house party.
LOMBOK RELIEF ($7,138 USD)
Karma House was able to raise over over 100 million Rupiah for Lombok while giving proof charity culture is fucking cool, people actually give a shit, our tribe is here to make a real difference in the world…and we can be a little badass while doing it.
We raised a total of 10526 USD.
Muntigunung - A Community Social Enterprise
* This inspiring organization founded by retired banker turned philanthropist, Daniel Elber, provides a wide range of high quality products, handmade with care by local families in the remote area of Muntigunung, on the intensely arid eastern slopes of Batur, Northeast Bali.
* With an extreme 8 month dry season, Muntigunung’s impoverished villagers struggled to grow enough crops to survive, and with the influx of tourism over the last few decades, many chose to go begging with their children in Ubud and the large beach resorts of the South.
* In 2006, in an effort to provide a more sustainable and brighter future for the Muntigunung community, Future for Children – a Swiss backed NGO, together with Yayasan Dian Desa, initiated the Muntigunung Development and Livelihoods program and successfully constructed 20 buildings to harvest and store rainwater in specially designed tanks to provide a year-round water supply, securing clean & sustainable water to every household, every day.
* Today, these buildings also provide a place for the community to process their now well established rosella, cashew nut, Lontar palm sugar, and moringa products, as well as produce a number of high quality Hammocks, Bags and accessories, in which all activities support to create employment opportunities and brighter economic prospects, as well as boost self esteem.
* Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise is not only endeavoring to provide the people of Muntigunung with income but also support access to healthcare and education for the Muntigunung community. Through applying equitable practices, should it be in weighing the products bought from the villagers, and in paying them at actual market prices, Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise is strictly adhering to the major criteria of “Fair Business“. This loyal practice is reflected in our sales prices, and net revenues from sales are fully reinvested in further expanding income generating activities in additional hamlets in the Muntigunung area.
* Stop by Karma House and purchase some of their products, to support the people of Muntigunung and provide them with a brighter, sustainable future.
POOLSIDE CHARITY FUNDRAISER
Karma House & Titi Batu joined together for a collaboration charity party to support our #happymattress campaign.
When’s the last time you partied at an epic new venue, on a tropical island in the rice fields, with a bunch of high level people…all for a good cause!?
Huge support from local business owners and international talent flooded in with donated goods, services and accommodations for a silent auction, with a total value in excess of $13,000 USD!
The party raised 8 million IDR ($569 USD) in donations and the auction is live on our Facebook page until the end of February
Check it out here!